THE THOMAS ELLIOT ORGAN
The Thomas Elliot Organ at Crick Parish Church is a rare example of an instrument following the old English tradition. The organ was originally built in 1819 by Thomas Elliot of Tottenham Court Road for the Chapel Royal at St James' Palace, London before eventually finding its current home in our church. A number of modifications have been to the instrument over the years and in 1978 a minor restoration was undertaken.
In 1999, the Church undertook a report about the condition of the organ and was advised at that time, that with routine maintenance the organ should be able to function into the foreseeable future.
However by 2003, it was necessary to have more thorough renovation and again, after many quotations and fund raising the work was completed in 2017
The organ is now used regulary for church services and the organists hold a programme of recitials throughout the year.
For more historical information about the organ click here
To find out more about these recitals look at our EVENTS page
We have a choir with 7 members and muscians who play organ, drums and accordian at different services.